The online Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood & Family Studies is designed for those seeking to complete their college degree at a top-ranked educational institution and achieve their life and career goals.
Application Dates and Deadlines
A new cohort of the ECFS program starts every fall. Applications open on December 15. The priority application deadline is February 15 and the final deadline is July 1.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission to the program, you must have met the following requirements.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Completed the College Academic Distribution Requirements (UW admission requirements that can be satisfied by high school and/or college coursework)
- Completed a minimum of 70 transferable quarter credits from regionally accredited colleges or universities (1 semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits)
- Earned a cumulative transfer GPA of 2.5 or higher
Note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the ECFS program or the UW.
In general, you should be able to transfer college-level academic credits for courses that fall within the UW Areas of Knowledge. Learn more on the UW Transfer Credit Policies page, including notable restrictions on transfer credit.
Need help figuring out whether you qualify to apply? Contact an Enrollment Coach to learn more about admissions requirements and how to request a transcript evaluation.
How to Apply
Because of the various steps and requirements, we recommend starting the application process as early as possible.
To apply, submit the following materials:
- UW online application form (coming soon), which includes:
- Official transcript from your high school (not required for those who already have a bachelor’s degree)
- Official transcript from each college or university previously attended
Official transcripts can be sent to:
University of Washington
Office of Admissions
Seattle, WA 98195-5852
If you have already completed or will complete a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university prior to enrolling at the UW, select the “ECFS O postbac” option when you fill out the online application form.
Note: Former and current University of Washington students should contact us for instructions on how to apply.